[QuadList] Hello from near Darmstadt and Frankfurt--Chasing Bosch Quads--Part 2-Sunday-w-photos

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon Oct 5 17:52:55 CDT 2009

Liam's property in Pfungstadt  has two houses, one of which houses
most of his Bosch Fernseh equipment. The basement of the house he
lives in, has the old radio collection and audio recorders.

Let me tease the camera aficionados on the list with these shots of
Bosch Iconoscope cameras and accessories:

First, the Iconoscope for the IS-9 series of camera, this one from
the first part of the 1950's. This tube's original box is at the
right-rear of the photo.

And the IS-9 camera without lenses. A small vidicon camera is sitting
on top.

Monday, we saw and got great photos of the inside and out of an IS-9
at Deutch Telekom's communications museum near Frankfurt, along a
great shot of the image area of an Iconoscope... a pair of Ampex
VR-2000's, a number of Nipkow disc machines, and some other
interesting equipment.  Unfortunately... no Bosch Quads. Yet.

Next to the case with the IS-9 is a Fernseh Orthikon camera, circa
1953..... with five lenses and a diascope...

Which uses slides like these as part of the camera setup procedure.

More in Part 3 coming up!

Ted

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com