[QuadList] New Member

Louis Goldberg lgoldber1947 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:37:04 CDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I am new to the Quad Videotape Group.  Here is a very short history about
myself.

I had television training in the Army and got to work on a mobile unit at
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.  There I got to do editing using Ampex VR-1100
machines.

For the past 35 years I have worked at Maryland Public Television. My first
26 years there I worked in Videotape. For 25 of those years, I did Videotape
on "Wall Street Week With Louis Rukeyser".  I started this show using RCA
TR-70B machines.  Later we converted to 1" and used Ampex VPR-3s and after
that we switched  to digital Beta.

For the past 9 years I have worked in Master Control.  Believe me, there is
nothing exciting to report about this job.

I don't like dainty Servers or other equipment that have cute names.  I'm
all for bringing Quad back!

It's great to be here!

Lou Goldberg
Maryland Public Television