[QuadList] Rebuilding RCA TR-600s - Success

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Sep 10 14:36:38 CDT 2009

Congratulations, John,

Maybe you should bring one of the working machines to AMIA in St.
Louis, in Nov?
You have portable air.

On Sep 10, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Steve Greene wrote:
> Congratulations, great news.
>
> Re #2, make sure the linkages behind the headwheel panel are clean
> and lubed.  Otherwise the auto track will be sluggish.  Be careful
> with that 120VAC if they are working on electrical around you.

I'd be a little concerned that the electricians might cut power to the
air in the middle of a transfer and leave you with precious little
time to push "Stop" and get the head spun down before your
compressor's reservoir ran out of breath.

Or, that of they dumped power to the machine's supply, you'd have a
"no-fun" situation with a tape in motion.

Perhaps someone's had some experience with this type of thing... power
outage in the days before a lot of stations had gennys to jump in?

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com