[QuadList] TR-600 Headwheel amp transistors-retrofit? (Need Service Bulletin)

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Thu Sep 10 17:43:58 CDT 2009

I'd be interested to know if those headwheel MDA power transistors in a
600 are actually discrete transistors.
The capstan MDA in these TR-70Cs uses an integrated circuit in a power
transistor case...and so far, I have had zero luck in finding any of
them.  I have one that either was dead long ago, or blew on powerup.
I don't have the manual with the part number with me right now, but it's
something like an MCB2000 or close to that.
What is the semiconductor type in those headwheel amps?
Guy