[QuadList] Equipment Auction: VidiPax--Items of interest

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Sep 13 16:55:36 CDT 2009

Hey, Scott,

Thanks for the postings.

The auction's been known about for a while... but it looks like they
just got the catalog up on the website recently.

Fastest way to scan the list is set the page to display 250 items.
Cuts the pages to four.

Seems the bidding on all the lots I checked starts (online anyway) at
$200. If no bids... l'd guess the auctioneer would start at a lower
figure.  With around 400 lots, and minimum bids on all stuff—
electronics, film and office equipment—the sale would bring $80,000.
The flyer list 700+.

Contents of interest to Quad folks:
There are a number of AVR-2's on the block, including a PAL unit...
AVR-2 boards,

one AVR-3, and one lot of AVR 3 boards,

an ACR-25 Quad cassette unit,

and a VR-1000 of some sort...

RCA TR-22HB and another RCA Quad that could be a TR-22 or later.

10mm and 6mm Ampex heads, including Marx X, XV and XX.  The 6mm's are
Ampex Cat. 1373047.

There's a box with 8 Quad heads dumped into it, and a bunch of empty?
head cases as a separate lot.

There's an RCA HB-10, RCA MI-591410C Z

3M Minicom Division Cat. 83-5990-1204 Color Dropout Compensator

Also several 2", 1" .75" and .5" reel and cassette tape cleaning
machines. RTI and Elcon.  Some appear to be labeled as for one
particular width, but the photo leads one to think its another width
of tape. Be careful.

There's a Sony 2" Helical machine with tape on it.

Several Ampex VR-660 series machines

An IVC 960, 801P, 825C

Ampex VPR-1 in console.  (Doesn't say if it's Type A or been upgraded
to a C.  Knowing Jim, I'd think an A.)

Quite a few Sony BVH-3xxx series 1" Type C machines.

The auction company doesn't know what's what, because they've labeled
several Type C machines as   " 1" Quad "

There are sets of manuals for specific machines of interest, and then
groups of manuals for a variety of machines being offered as lots.

TONS of TBC's of various flavors.

Looks like a Rank Cintel Mark III is on the block, and various
ancillary components are featured as lots. Several gates including
8mm, one of QuadList member Gary Adams Time Logic Controllers...

Will be interesting to watch.

Ted

On Sep 13, 2009, at 12:09 PM, Scott Thomas wrote:

> OK, I found the actual list.
>
> There are a bunch of 1/2" reel to reel machines, many 1" and a few
> Ampex headwheel assemblies.
>
> Here's one example:
>
> http://www.go-dove.com/assets/display.asp?ItemID=avb25578
>
> There's 20 more pages of stuff to go through.
>

> On Sep 13, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Scott Thomas wrote:
>
>> I just saw this notice of an auction on Post magazine's website.
>>
>> http://www.postmagazine.com/ME2/Apps/AdManager/abmc.asp?b=565&z=1
>>
>> A couple of things that may be of interest:
>>
>> "Featuring: Professional rare/one-off audio equipment such as an
>> Archeophone variable cylinder player Numerous wire recorders, ¼”,
>> ½” and 1” open reel audio decks"
>>
>> and
>>
>> "Plus:  Many rare and obsolete video and audio devices"
>>
>> Can they be any more vague?
>>
>> -Scott Thomas

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com