[QuadList] 50th Anniversary of the First Weather Satellite

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sat Apr 3 02:41:41 CDT 2010

Vidicon tubes. I almost asked that in my post, but I figured that the satellite would have something a little more esoteric. :)

Speaking of Vidicons... My father worked at Naval Avionics in Indianapolis, IN. They built the Walleye guided bomb. I think there may be a 1960 or 70's vintage Vidicon in the garage that was used in the front of the Walleye.
FWIW: The television that was in the cockpit was built from a Sony B/W television set. This was probably the late 1960's or early 1970's.