[QuadList] Mains frequencies==(was Quad - progressive or interlaced?)

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sat Apr 10 14:36:14 CDT 2010

In regard to Japan's split 50/60 hz., I've been recovering some
concert footage from the 70's shot in Japan. 60 hz. (59.94) video, 50
hz. lighting. Studio material is different.

When I visited Japan in the 80's, Tokyo power was 60 hz. at 100 volts.

In regard to voltages, The Philippines is a 60hz. country at 220
volts. However, you can order 110 service for some businesses and
residential. But for most people, it is 220 volts. For the unknowing,
the American style outlets can offer a surprise when powering up a 120
volt hair dryer, if you are not aware.

I always travel with a volt meter anywhere before plugging in.

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)