[QuadList] Mains frequencies, control, similarities to genlocking

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sun Apr 11 09:21:09 CDT 2010

Steve,

Thanks for the explanation. The scene of nuclear sub sailors piling
into the Hi Fi store must have been something to see.

The Sansui story rings a bell. In the late 60's as a teenager, I came
across a GI who had just returned from Vietnam. This was in Ft. Worth
Texas. He had with him a Sansui 3000 receiver, a model I have never
found since. My cousin bought it and is still using it to this day. I
guess he was lucky as I can't recall any transformer horror stores,
etc. But I always wondered why I've never seen (through casual
searching) another one like it. Since then, I have seen other
references to Sansui equipment "for sale" i.e. eBay that were bought
by servicemen overseas.

David
www.dcvideo.com