[QuadList] OB Film Vs. Studio Video

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 12 22:49:45 CDT 2010

Actually the Restoration Team (the self-appointed title of the group that
handles the Doctor Who DVD releases) takes special care in film sequences.
Whenever possible, they are re-scanned on the state-of-the-art Spirit
Datacine and reinserted into the episode.  On episodes where only film
recordings exist (like American kinescopes), the footage that was originally
quad video is treated with VidFire to look like video again, while the film
inserts are left as 25 fps progressive film.  This is the case with all of
the '60s episodes, and some of the early '70s episodes.

Here's their site:  http://restoration-team.co.uk .

Yes, Tom Baker was a great Doctor, but I'm actually partial to all of the
first four.  And David Tennant's great, too!

Sammy Jones