[QuadList] OB Film Vs. Studio Video

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 16:12:21 CDT 2010

Yes, Chris,

I had a good friend who was the C.E. of WHDH in Boston in the late 80's, and we had a long discussions related to after they added robotic cameras for the newscasts, that we should make a animated program which would face the Talent and and run on a dedicated monitor, and provide all the functions of a floor director.
We had a character planned who would count down and up on his fingers, speed up, slow down, and point to cameras, and we probably would have made some good money if we made the program. It was great fun to plan something fun like that, which was really showing how silly the whole thing had gotten once animation was here.

Bill

PS: another C.E. friend used to by a box of "Greenie's", a month and make a show of passing them out to everyone who worked for him, just so he could barrow one from whoever was closest when he was out of his office!