[QuadList] OB Film Vs. Studio Video

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 13:35:00 CDT 2010

Yes, Tony my post was in error, I did my own fact check and found out from Martin Salter(ex-Ampex super engineer/marketer, who was based in our Reading, England operation) and he cleared up my reference.

The ACR-25's which were covered up and not used for more than a year due to union disputes, were at "Southern Television", the Independent License holder for the Southern part of England.

Steve Turner did create a operating mode with an ACR-25 using the mode where it would record a long event across as many cassettes as required. He would put in cue points "on the fly" for each goal and penalty and then put them all together as a recap as soon as the game was over.
He later used this same method to produce a very good daily wrap up of a major multiple sport event in the far east.
This was a very early NLE on the fly application.
Bill