[QuadList] Vintage WSAZ-TV video 1985

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 17:36:33 CDT 2010

		On Apr 15, 2010, at 5:56 PM, David C. Crosthwait wrote:

 > Who could forget "Elevator Races" w/Bob Costas, the show from the
office when the A/C was off on a hot winter day (I think Terri Garr
was a guest, who took a shower in the office stall at the closing),
and the "360" show, which was a slow, continuing ADO type rotation of
the entire program as it was airing, with triumphant "completion" of
the full "Z" at show closing.
 > You guys had a lot more fun there in the hallways etc. than we did.

		I say:

	I remember all of those as well.  Letterman used to have all kinds of
wacky things going on.  I had seen camera cables running through
stairways and along halls on several floors.  In addition to those
you've mentioned, I recall that Letterman once used a bullhorn at his
office window to confuse people on the street below, by shouting "I'm
not wearing any pants!".  Cameras both in his office and on 6th Ave
would capture the result.
	Conan did this kind of stuff as well.  In his last year as Late Night
host, on two occasions he gave studio audience members breathless
running tours of the building amazingly followed by TV cameras.  On
the second occasion, he took a group of sailors down to the lobby,
through the NBC Store and outside to the Plaza.  The coordination of
cameras and audio was amazing.  We even saw O'Brien with the sailors
in an elevator, surveillance camera style (the sailors were commanded
to do pushups during the ride down).
	I have a copy of both those 'tours', but due to copyright issues, I
can't post them.    ;)

	  					NBC Today Show, New York