[QuadList] Letterman NBC show (was Vintage WSAZ-TV video 1985)

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Fri Apr 16 09:20:46 CDT 2010

At the time of the switch to 47's we could see some improvement
overall in clarity and colorimitry as the feed came down the network
into Burbank via skypath (Ku band). I think video quality was overall
throttled back a bit coming out of 30 Rock as compared to the west
coast. So, the changes from one camera model to another were not that
outstanding, in my opinion. The only exception that I can quickly
recall was when the Nightly News went from TK 41's to 44's. Now that
was noticeable big time.

One last Letterman blast from the past: "The GE Museum of Firings and
Layoffs". This meant a lot to those who had experienced the RCA to GE
hand-over.

David