[QuadList] Semi-OT: Can you imagine what it would take to do this on videotape?

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Aug 11 22:31:32 CDT 2010

An editor on another list was asking how to do something like this
Eric Whitacre Virtual Choir number in a non linear editor or with
Motion or After Effects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs

The conductor's setup and backing track is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1c2xWVWiA&feature=related

My brain had a quick picture of a bunch of machines and people in a
huge room trying to post this with linear videotape techniques.
(Crazy me!)

The backroom "technical choir" at work would be as fascinating to
explore as the result would be to watch and listen to.

Sparks another question someone on the list may have an answer to:
What is the most number of Quads (or other VTR) ever brought together
for a single post-production project? And I'm not thinking of the
Olympics, although the mass of equipment could have been tied together
for one huge edit session.

Ted.