[QuadList] Tape without CT

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 06:28:23 CDT 2010

And, we can't forget that that the Ampex VPR-3, would allow to you to RE-WRITE
control track, but that was a great helical.

Before the major retrofit the early AVR-3's, would AutoTrack only once at the
start of the tape and then hold that position forever! (no dither)......which
was not so good for the reels of many short takes, which were common in
Hollywood Production.

I had to retrofit all machines with a rotary control/ with a pushbutton switch
which allowed the control of the auto-tracking system.

I got the control from Tektronix, since I had used it on a scope, maybe the 647?

Bill Carpenter