[QuadList] Training the Third Generation (was Happy Anniversary--)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Dec 2 16:27:25 CST 2010

Hi, Wayne,

The training has to start somewhere.  And unless/until someone
develops a new Quad machine using modern components and designs,
everyone will be using second and third generation gear until the
machines can't be operated anymore.

If you want to help with training, send me an e-mail off-list.  There
is a move to provide this sort of training, beginning with AVR-2's as
they are the most common Quad at this point.

If someone has Ampex or RCA Training materials for ANY machine, please
advise, as we can likely get the Library of Congress to facilitate
reproduction and return the materials.

With the amount of material out there, it's essential that people know
how to "drive the cars we have" until someone invents the rocket car
the Jetsons will be driving.

Ted