[QuadList] Training the Third Generation (was HappyAnniversary--)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Dec 2 17:24:48 CST 2010

Hi, Don,

I haven't done a survey... and could stand to be corrected.  A show of
hands about machines in use would be helpful.

My understanding is that Ampex made more of them than any other Quad
Ampex made.  I'm not where I can go find my source for that at the
moment... but will look.

Perhaps Bill Carpenter can assist as he was instrumental in marketing
AVR-2's and could shed light on the quantity produced compared to
other Ampex and possibly RCA machines.

Meantime, into the rig and head for Winston-Salem, NC to overnight and
demo in the morning.

Ted.