[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Rob Mobley robmob at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 5 04:17:21 CST 2010

Hi Scott,
Back in 1985 I worked for Tele-Image & helped them open their facility there at Las Colinas. They had previously had an office in Carrollton for some years. At the time, the new place was quite a facility, designed by one of my all time favorite engineers, Dennis Morton. They bought two second hand AVR-3's for spot duplication; one from the Osmond Production Company in Utah & the other from the Southern Baptist Convention, as I recall. I spooled off thousands of dubs from those machines. I think they may be the quads you are referring to. I took a gig with Disney in 1988 & left the Dallas area for central Florida. Subsequent mergers happened with Tele-Image in the coming months & years - I believe they merged with Dallas Post & became Pyramid Teleproductions & Blue Cactus came some time later. I still had a lot of friends there that endured some of those changes. I couldn't tell you where the AVR-3's ended up, but I still communicate with some of my friends from there. I will ping them & find out what they know.
Best Regards,
Rob Mobley

Winter Garden, FL
robmob at cfl.rr.com