[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sun Dec 5 00:39:56 CST 2010

My brother worked at a post house in Dallas named "Blue Cactus Post" between 1995 and 1996. This place was an amalgamation of two or more facilities; one being "Pyramid" I believe. (lots of GVG-300 and ADO-1000).

In the back were two AVR-2 machines. When the facility went bust and everything was up for auction, I had thought of driving a van over and getting one. Even Tim Stoffel told me that it would be a good deck for a beginning Quad collector, partially because it would run on 110VAC.

Sadly, I still don't have a quad deck, but I do have a TCR-100 cart from my first broadcast job and the serial number plate off the TCR from that job. The guy that came in and stripped the machine for parts wouldn't let me have the RCA badge off the front. The TCR-100 was decommissioned in 1989 and I was told that the parts were being sent to Mexico, because a lot of stations still had them down there.

Any idea where the Dallas AVR-2's went?

-Scott Thomas