[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Wed Dec 8 09:26:44 CST 2010

Hello Bill,

CFI's edit rooms were small (IIRC) but they cranked out a lot of
material at that time. Was the still store the ESS (?)? Was not CBS
News the first to have that (if I am calling it the right product name)?

The brains behind the AVR's and ACR's etc. were extensive from what I
can tell. Perhaps some day you could confirm (or otherwise) the story
I heard about the AVR-1 "disappearing" then " reappearing" from
behind the iron curtain in the 70's, only to be followed by a Russian
product curiously similar.

Ampex certainly excelled in product engineering.

Thanks for the insights!

David