[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 21:17:47 CST 2010

 Hi David and everybody,

I worked very closely with CFI in those days, and I am trying to remember my
friend who I last saw at an outfit that was colorizing movies. His name may have
been Gary Thompson. I tried to get him into a BIG still store system about 1984.
I think he went on to something with Disney.

The AVR-1 was the greatest, but also a very complex machine. The Charley Coleman
designs were Great, but usually very complicated.

I worked with Al Trost on three great machines as the Product Manager during the
Design Phase and the Product Introduction, the AVR-2, the VPR-20, and the VPR-3.
His designs were usually very basic, and clean, and bulletproof.

All of the very complex Ampex machines were also relatively small volume
products.

Namly the AVR-1, ACR-25, ADR-150, AVR-3, ACR-225, and DCT 1700, all never passed
the 500 unit built milestone. I don't know about the D2 machines?

Bye for now, Bill