[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Wed Dec 8 23:44:21 CST 2010

I would love to see an Alex in action.

I was recently talking to the former production manager of the former ABC affiliate in Southwest Florida, WEVU. They had an Alex for a short time. It apparently wasn't reliable enough to use in their newscasts and they swapped it out for a Dubner 30K.

I was under the impression that the few that were produced were all sent back to Ampex, but I saw one at a production company in West Palm Beach named "Parallax" in the mid-1990's.

I also remember seeing the development systems at some small trade shows in Florida. The first time I saw it it had an Atari ST mouse attached to it, and the GUI screen was the DIgital Research GEM windowing enviroment. The next year it had a Macintosh mouse attached and the screen looked very Mac like. Always wanted to hear the stories behind that.