[QuadList] Ampex Alex CG (Was Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Dec 9 01:40:59 CST 2010

Hi, Scott...

Mine was in operation on nightly newscasts and other production.  It
was replaced by a Chyron if I recall correctly, which may have been a
hand-me-down from the owner's Oakland station. Not sure when.

I'm fortunate to have manuals, fonts and operting software for both
the mainframe and the workstation.  The mouse appears to be a PS-2
mouse.

Haven't had time to connect and apply power since obtaining it, but
will post a few pix or clips when that happens.

I'm planning to be back in Florida in Feb. or March... but don't
anticipate hauling the Alex along. You're welcome to play if in
California, though.