[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 13:24:18 CST 2010

 Hi Park,

Yes, we built special ABC consoles (note: ABC's order was for 100 machines, and
was part of my $40M order backlog before shipment) and yes, we sent different
parts over for various reasons before the Olympics, and Charlie would have been
on top of this action.

Gil Fagerland was working with the machines and if he needed anything, I sent
it!

I remember that about the Wenesday before it started we had a small group of
parts, pocket sized for the machines. I thought about taking them over, and then
remembered wiping out on a Snowbike, @ Lake Placid in 1980, with ABC engineering
management, coming to get me on a snowmobile.

So, we sent a draftsman, who worked on the project, had a valid passport, spoke
the language, and wanted to buy new ski's. He had a great time.

Charlie and I worked together on every part of the VPR-3, and we are still good
friends.

He gave me the nickname "Technology Evangelist", at one meeting while he was
taking notes on notes on his Radio Shack PC-100 laptop.

Bye for now, Bill