[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Randy Hall listk7age at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:37:00 CST 2010

Bill

I got along great with all the ABC guys. Before the Olympics I was in NYC
for 5 weeks training ABC TDs on the GVG 300. ABC had a bunch of Olympic
stuff setup in a loft a couple blocks away from the main broadcast center.
Each night after work a bottle would come out for a few drinks before
hitting the road. I made sure that I put a bottle out one night each week.
>From then on, I was then good friends with the union guys.

One night in Lake Placid I was in the A control room sitting behind Julie.
He had his own position with router panel, intercom and so on. He woke up,
motioned me to come over, and told me that the camera from the ice rink was
green. OK, I went into master equipment room. Everyone was sitting back with
their feet on the the desk watching the evening's broadcast. I told them
that Julie said the camera was green. A couple of guys jumped up, tweaked a
proc or something and made it all better. I went back into CR A, he nodded
at me and I sat back down. I was his short cut in communications.

Did you ever see the add, Sony I think, with Julie sitting on the edge of a
large audio console with the text saying something like, 'Would you sell a
wireless mic to him?"

Loads of Lake Placid stories...

Randy
K7AGE