[QuadList] TCR 100 Threader

rabruner at aol.com rabruner at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 17:30:10 CST 2010

> I never had more than a casual look at the TCR-100, and didn't > realize that it used the same head as the other machines. Threading > must have been quite a trick. How did they do that?
>
> Don

It was the same head, but they added a plastic faring to the top of the guide shoe that helped the tape slide past the square corners at the top of the guide.
If you didn't have this on the head, It would sometimes thread o.k, but there
was a pretty good chance it would crunch  the tape when the treader mechanism
tried to bring the tape into position.
Bob Bruner
Engineer In Charge
Maintenance and Design