[QuadList] Question for George Keller

Hrdeppe at cs.com Hrdeppe at cs.com
Thu Feb 4 20:04:40 CST 2010

Greetings to the list members,

My name is Harold R. Deppe, father of list member Harold W. Deppe in
Tucson, AZ.

I worked for CBS in NY from 1949 to 1973. I started in video and telecine
maintenance in Grand Central Studios and ended up in operations in the
Broadcast Center. Never worked in tape, but always had a great interest from the
first VR-1000 that was installed on the second floor of Grand Central. Then
the tape department expanded and moved to the seventh floor.

I have been reading, with interest, George's more recent CBS tape stories,
especially about the archives across 57th. I wonder what formats,besides
Quad, are being archived and are there any film transfers being done. What
model Quads and other VTR's are in use and in what quantity? I remember some
recordings of the Apollo flights being stored on the floor in the hallways
collecting dust. I wonder if these have been rescued to the archives?

Do these names ring a bell? Bob Muller, George Hartman, Carl Prince, Herb
Gardner.

I've attached a picture of me at the Broadcast Center setting up a PC-70 in
the late 60's.

Thanks, and I look forward to many more interesting posts.

Harold Deppe</HTML>