[QuadList] OOOPS RE: The VR1200E

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Tue Feb 9 19:56:34 CST 2010

Guys,

Looks like I was on wrong track.  After seeing Don' shots of the 1200E I guess I had it on my mind when I was addressing the machine AF made for Chubby.

It wasn't a VR1200E, it was a 1200F.  It couldn't have been a 1200E because there were many 1200E's around but only 1 (one) 1200F.  I don't think the "F" came from Ampex, rather I guess that AF designated it so.

I think it had only 1 19" bay under the deck for the sig sys, servo and the CVC TBC.  Not sure where the power supplies were.

Also it was mounted on wheels via Volvo engine mounts.

The thing that surprised me the most was that they only made 1 machine like that.  They should have made many more, I'm sure they would have sold. I guess they would have had to purchase many 1200E's and the cost may have been prohibitive.

At any rate it was a beautiful machine.

Sorry for the confusion, it has been a long time.

DE

George Keller