[QuadList] Quad Vs Type C

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Mon Feb 1 07:53:09 CST 2010

Completely concur here.
In fact, when I got the first Type C machines for my production company
in 1981, (VPR-1Cs),
I used to check the carrier frequency and deviation of them by feeding
the modulator out into the demod in of my TR-70.  The 70 has crystal
reference markers for FM deviation confirmation.
The only difference in Type C modulation is that the burst gain is
increased by 6db, IIRC,  for a little better time base correction on
playback.
Guy

--
Guy Spiller