[QuadList] Video Tape Baking

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Feb 1 09:12:05 CST 2010

I have heard of someone putting a small audio recorder (Revox) into a freezer and playing tapes. He said it actually worked.

My oven has a dehydrate setting. It holds 130° perfectly and has a convection mode that circulates the air within the chamber. It is large enough for several Quad tapes.

Some have mentioned a food dehydrator. Fine for 1/4" but too small for Quad. Runs at 133°.

http://www.amazon.com/Ronco-Dehydrator-Yogurt-Maker-Machine/dp/B000059L4A

Others have used expensive scientific ovens. Overkill, IMHO.

I did make a unit with a lightbulb but found it difficult to get the exact temperature and even heat distribution.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com