[QuadList] 1" Machine glue

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Tue Feb 2 10:41:13 CST 2010

The biggest TCR 100 problem was RCA heads

You cannot set them up in the record domain to match a standard replay

We had 15 heads and some days I would try them all twice before settling on
the one that caused the least banding

We also had a mod so you could record on both decks this enabled  a promo
longer than 3 mins to span two carts

But it more than doubled the head matching problems

Ampex head could be controlled better in the record domain to mach a
standard replay

But then RCA did manage to keep the same head assembly for all their
machines including the TCR 100

I still have an TCR100 cart as souvenir from all the Pain

and a nice house from all the O/T they generated for the engineer

What they saved on operators they spent twice over on engineers

Trevor

UK Member