[QuadList] Old Machines

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Feb 2 12:18:32 CST 2010

On Feb 2, 2010, at 1:00 PM, George Keller <georgenann at aol.com> wrote:

> I Googled the ACR 225, I don't know why, but I never saw one or even
> a foto of one, must have snuck by me . Tnx fer info.
>
> Speaking of old machines, I saw an Ampex 1000? in the Deutches
> Museum in Munich.  I am including a foto of it. Not sure of the
> model number, was before my time.
>
> <ampex.jpg>

Yep... looks like a VR-1000.  Someone might be able tell more about it
by looking.

I've still not had the time to convert to JPEG for posting some or all
of the Nikon RAW photos I took in Germany at several locations last
Sept.

Among the sites are the collection at Deutsche Telkom (aka T-Mobile)
where there are a pair of "need TLC" VR-2000's, some interesting Bosch
telecines and a rather sizeable (considering the age,etc) of Nipkow
disc televisions, if you want to talk about OLD machines. Old cameras,
too.

So much to do... so little time.  Off to work on the "so little $"
situation.