[QuadList] was 1" Machine glue, now ACR-25

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 05:30:06 CST 2010

		On Feb 2, 2010, at 10:10 AM, David C. Crosthwait wrote:

 > We have been fortunate to have acquired seven of them in the last
twenty years, two of which are fully intact (in storage) and waiting
for the day. NAB display?

		I say:

	It's fantastic that you are able to save this wonderful piece of
history, David.  I maintained ACR-25's at two different TV stations and
marveled at the inspired engineering design.
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557943881/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557723104/>
			<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAp1Q7BTUxQ>
			<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAWv7SLLdo>

Having also worked with RCA TCR-100's at another station as well as at
NBC, it was clear that Ampex possessed the more elegant design.
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557853708/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515356897/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515357017/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515329694/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515329586/>

   Though it was still very mechanical and could often fail to work
properly, the ACR-25 just felt 'right' and did most everything better.
I hope you are able to put your ACR-25 into some kind of operational
display.  I'd love to see it in person.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York