[QuadList] ACR-225 (was 1" Machine glue)

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Wed Feb 3 06:52:48 CST 2010

Dennis

Sorry I did not explain myself too well

The RCA color time base corrector dumps any errors it cannot cope with into
the mono TBC this dump signal is called THAF
The Mono TBC dumps any errors it cannot cope with into the servo this error
is called THA
This extend the range of the small fast TBC's that can cope with quad
errors, by operating a closed loop

You clamp the error signals to mid range until the servo locks and then
unclamp and it all stays locked

On the TCR you have one TBC and two servo's so there is still a THAF loop
but no THA loop which mean the mono TBC cannot spill into the servo to
centre itself (not a closed loop) and as a result has a poor range and
unlocks on air

By stand alone I meant AVR 2 style TBC which has a greater window and will
run independent of the servo's

The Helical TBC's are big window two but designed to deal with slow errors
and so are as you say no good for quad.

The sharing of a TR70 signal processing with a TCR (we did not have a 60) is
called master kit and you end up with a TR70 with a small TBC window
Which spoils its performance too.

It's a big mod and it spoils your reel to reel machine, which cannot operate
when you are using the TCR, we gave up and bought an SPU (TR600) modules,
not as good as the SPU based on TR70 modules

TrevorB
UK Member