[QuadList] TCR-100

Gary Adams adam7889 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 4 09:23:52 CST 2010

I had seen my fair share of TCRs in the 70s and 80s.  One station didn’t want to buy the replacement parts to fix the magazine (belt) motor so they had two people assigned to manually move the belt during a break.  It was a choreographic thing of beauty.  These guys had it down perfect.  A few other places would have someone stand by the threading arms to assist the motors during that process.  When you knew a motor was failing you did that until you could get it replaced.  If the machine was not kept up, it always required someone to stand next to it for assistance.  I’ll have to admit that I loved the ACR, but working for RCA I gained a lot of respect for the TCR.  It was possible to keep it working for a long time, but not cheap, nor easy.

Gary