[QuadList] Blanking Issues

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 00:01:48 CST 2010

We had a very tight set of rules at TVJ regarding  blanking.

I made up orange Q/C cards that were put on every tape  that
was transfered.  If there was a problem, that tape went  back to
sales with an explanation as to why it was not being  accepted.

In addition to "wide" video, we saw a lot of 3/4 head  switching
that got "tagged" and sent back  downstairs.  Some of those
tapes would reappear with a color border!  At that  time that was
an FCC no-no, and those tapes would again get bounced  back downstairs!

Our traffic department, and in particular one very competent  lady,
would get on the phone and explain in great detail to the  agency
why their "production" was being rejected!

73,

Don Murray, W4WJ
Fredericksburg,  Texas

Retired from 40 years in Miami TV
35+ years at NBC O&O WTVJ

In a message dated 2/5/2010 4:08:17 P.M. Central Standard Time,