[QuadList] Blanking Issues

Wayne Watson wayne.watson at sait.ca
Sun Feb 7 09:50:34 CST 2010

It was in the SMPTE standard. Ampex made it an option and Sony made it standard. The concern was that something in the future might need the V.I. However in type C only lines 4 to 14 were missing so VITC and VITS were still there. I think there was also an issue where Sony did not want tp pay re a patent Ampex had on control track update (or something like that)and needed the V.I. to do it their way. Can anyone shed more light on that?