[QuadList] Blanking Issues

Preservation preservation at standby.org
Sun Feb 7 08:33:15 CST 2010

Good point about politics and design by committee. Like Sony jumping
the gun on the color EIAJ standard with their pilot tone system which
they assumed would be adopted, and the committee responding by going
with the JVC color under system. That left a lot of AV-5000/5000a
machines hanging in the wind.

Regarding the early Sony U-matics, weren't they built on or derived
from the AV-8650 chassis?

Bill Seery

preservation at standby.org
212.627.8070