[QuadList] Quads on snowy remotes and loose pins

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 11:22:54 CST 2010

Trevor,
I have knocked a few pins out inadvertently over the years while doing
some cleaning, but hadn't seen them just fall out.  Maybe I didn't slam
the modules in hard enough!
The last 70C I got up and running did have a few that had either been
pulled out or fallen out..creating some rather "interesting" problems.
None of the others had any pin issues.
The thought that the pins might have come out of the connectors was far
from my first thought, although it shouldn't have been...considering the
rather rough ride of the U-Haul truck up here. I ended up spending a few
more hours troubleshooting modules on the extender than I needed to.
Lesson learned.
Guy

--
Guy Spiller