[QuadList] Quads on snowy remotes?

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 12:07:24 CST 2010

Ted,

Thought you might like to see this, just in from local ham group here.

News for Immediate Release

Feb. 10, 2010

Pennsylvania Closing All of Interstates 81, 83, 78
Blizzard Conditions Impacting Majority of the State

Harrisburg – With blizzard conditions causing impassible road conditions, Governor Edward G. Rendell is closing interstates 83, 78, and part of Interstate 81 beginning at 12:30 p.m. and is expecting to close additional roads as conditions deteriorate.

Interstate 81 is closed from the Maryland line to Interstate 80.

With hazardous weather conditions in much of the state, the Governor said it is too dangerous for any motorist to be driving.

“For your safety, do not drive,” Governor Rendell said. “You will risk your life and, potentially, the lives of others if you get stuck on highways or any road.

“The National Weather Service issued blizzard warnings for several counties in Pennsylvania and visibility is at or near zero. Motorists must stay off interstates 81, 83, and 78 until my administration lifts the restriction.”

It is important that people only call 911 in an emergency. Do not call for any other reason.

The Governor said PennDOT crews are continuing to treat roadways to keep them passable for emergency crews only. The agency will continue to treat roadways throughout the storm until precipitation stops and roads are clear.

The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency reminds you that downloadable materials, including home and car emergency kit checklists and emergency plan templates, are available at www.ReadyPA.org or by calling 1-888-9-READYPA.

Media contact: Steve Chizmar, 717-319-7638