[QuadList] Quads on snowy remotes?

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 12:53:11 CST 2010

Boy all you guys complain about is a little snow.  I went to school at
Michigan Tech in Houghton Mi.  It is in the Keewenaw of the upper  peninsular
of Michigan.  I missed the record year when we had over 30 feet  of snow in a
year.  We would get a foot over night and be out the next  morning ready to
go with no problem.  The lake effect snow machine was  working overtime a
lot.

The road guys had a good set of snow removal equipment that included trucks
 with blocks of concrete on the back with huge plows on the front and snow
go's.  Some of the hills in town are as steep as in San Francisco but we
did not even have to use chains.

The thing you guys need are Youper Scoopers for snow removal.
_www.silverbear.biz_ (http://www.silverbear.biz)

This was just before starting full time in the business and the nearest
station was in Marquette about a 100  miles away.  I remember seeing a  1 inch
Ampex VR-7000 series at that time.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN