[QuadList] Quads on snowy remotes?

Chuck Reti cwreti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:51:58 CST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at Feb 10 10:45 AM, Langdell Ted wrote:

> Anybody moved Quads in a snowstorm?

Among the sundry assortment of gear at Wayne State University
Television in late 60's-early 70's was our TR-5, RCA's "portable" quad.
We did a fair amount of haul-in remote production, so come rain,
shine. and often, snowstorms, we would trundle it in and out of the
truck, across sidewalks, streets and alleys.
I think its wheels were just small enough to always get caught in any
pit or crevice, and it was heavy enough to require two people to
shove it up the slightest incline.
When we were asked to shoot and record campus events like day-long
seminars and meetings, for internal use, not for broadcast, we might
instead take another VTR recently discussed here,
one of our two Ampex VR-660's.

Chuck Reti
Detroit MI