[QuadList] was Helicals, Quads, now Marconi cameras, now IR

Dale Lamm dlamm1 at neo.rr.com
Wed Feb 10 20:47:35 CST 2010

[snip]

That's incredible....I remember all that now...especially the IR filter.
That was a wild effect.  I've never seen anything like that...to this day.

[end]

Another infrared story...

Our PC-70's used XQ1020 plumbicons. Then came extended red versions, which
were sensitive into the near infrared. If you did not have an IR filter in
the light path, interesting effects were seen. Gentlemen who wore synthetic
hairpieces came across as redheads on a properly "chipped" camera. So much
for their vanity....

We had a lady politician appear on a live show once. Her classy black outfit
(polyester?) came across as brilliant red, giving the appearance she was
employed in a completely different line of work.