[QuadList] was Helicals, Quads, now Marconi cameras, now IR

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 20:56:42 CST 2010

Hi Dale,
Yes, the Marconis also used the XQ1020 tubes.  I remember now that the
red tube I took out of the spare camera was the extended red
version...and the one I was replacing was not.
The Marconis used small "field flattener" lenses that clipped on the
face of the plumbicons and the IR filter could be inserted in between
the lens and the tube.  I think I swapped the field flatteners and
didn't notice the lack of the IR filter....until a little bit later!
If you ever wanted to mess up a video guy's day....that would have been
the way to do it.
Guy

--
Guy Spiller