[QuadList] Quad on the Air!

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 12 23:15:02 CST 2010

Listmembers,

Back in the summer I detailed my trip to South Carolina ETV to have Georgia
Public Broadcasting's remaining Quad tapes transferred to digital tape.
Well, some of these tapes are finally hitting the air in the form of
retrospective packages that I've been producing for the 40th season of our
Lawmakers show (it's a news show about the Georgia General Assembly).

So far we've aired pieces on the first-ever broadcast of Lawmakers (January
11, 1971) and the Inauguration of Governor Jimmy Carter (January 12, 1971)
which we produced in color with equipment provided by WSB-TV, Atlanta.

For those of you who'd like to see some of our Quad material breathing new
life, the program airs live at 7 PM ET on the Georgia Public Broadcasting TV
network.

We're not streamed live on the net, but archived shows should be posted a
day or two after air here:  http://www.gpb.org/lawmakers-tv .

As of right now none of our new episodes have been posted, but hopefully
something will be up soon.

For those of you who take the time to watch, I'd love to hear your
comments...

Sammy Jones
Georgia Public Broadcasting
(formerly GPTV and GETV in the Quad days...)