[QuadList] 1" Machine glue

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 12:26:58 CST 2010

Gentlemen,

Was thinking that Ted might impose a fine for writing up stuff on "C" machines, etc. on this very fine "QuadList"?  IF so he is going to be a wealthy man.  (Only Kidding)

Seeing this discussion and remembering the stuff about the glue coming out of the reels, let me reflect on the first two times CBS encountered the problem.

The first time was in a room referred to as the "Air" room which had a couple 1100's and was only for air. One of the morning shows came to a grinding halt.  Later it was found that there was "Glue" in the middle of the supply reel.

The op at the time was a good op, but seemed to be in constant trouble with the law, big time.  One VP was sure he had put the glue on, but nobody addressed it with him. (That I know of)

Not too long thereafter, it happened again, the VP (Who was a real good guy) called the FBI in on the case.  It really had the op shook up, but then it was determined it was the "Glue" problem we all know about.

73,

George Keller