[QuadList] Sony's BVH-1100 mods (was AVR-1 Info-LEDs replace vacuum column lights)

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 10 00:06:49 CST 2010

		Previously, Chris Hill wrote:

 > I think that Sony did offer a 1100A with the electronics available to
be mounted in a different place.  I think that you have one of those
machines. The machines were not that easy to troubleshoot with the
constant going from behind to front if they were in a set of racks.
They got smarter with their later series of machines.

		I offer:

	NBC did this with their BVH-1000's, starting in 1978:
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515329174/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515328974/>
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515355785/>
	The electronics chassis were moved from the back of each machine to in
front and below it by installing extra-length cable harnesses.

		On Jan 9, 2010, at 1:11 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > There is also that South Carolina ETV  BVH-1100 I hadn't seen before
that is still on ebay:
	<http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-BVH-1100-BVT-2000-TV-Broadcast-VTR-1-High-
Band_W0QQitemZ400090713112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?
hash=item5d2743cc18#ht_21939wt_1054>

		I exclaim:

	That's the console I wrote about a few months ago!  I saw those
machines at SCETV in 1979.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York