[QuadList] was Toluene now xylene

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Fri Jan 22 16:52:12 CST 2010

I have had great luck with tape machines and xylene.  I bought a gallon
at Lowe's, Xylol, a couple of years ago, and still have plenty left.
Like Park said, it does a great job on cleaning heads as well as getting
the "SSS" stuff off of everything else.  I haven't found much that it
attacks, other than the vinyl floor covering in my tape room!
Not as much fun to "play" with as Freon TF from the old days, but it
does a great job.  Only thing is to allow for the slower evaporation
time before threading.