[QuadList] Cap Disc now Tape Speed

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 19:00:54 CST 2010

Hey Park, I have been enjoying this thread, and whoever said that Tim Stoffel should ask Charlie Anderson was on  the right track, since he's the only one that I know could possibly give a Ampex answer.
As for me I have sold many 1200's, while I was product manager, but other than pressing Play or Record, I no nothing of 1200 operational tweaks.
I remember when ABC, would reserve about 10-15 minutes for Intersync Adjustment prior to On -Air playbacks, until the Union called a strike.
Management then learned from Ampex field engineers that less than a minute was all that was required, when you knew what you were doing, and that was usually reduced to a few seconds after you really understood what was going on!
But. then came my AVR-2, no tweaks required and fast and stable lockup. and everybody was happy!
Bye for now, Bill Carpenter