[QuadList] OT: Thomson to change name to Technicolor, Feb 1

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Thu Jan 28 10:56:47 CST 2010

  This was alluded to in one of those "humor" lists -- in particular,
you know you are working in the '90s (or to that effect) if you've
been in the same chair for X# of years, but worked for "n x X"
different companies.... stuff like that.  A cover of a recent
financial magazine claims that over 26% of people working for
companies are now not employees, but contractors.  No salary, no
vacations, no benefits, no medical, no retirement, easy to fire....
its like heaven, for the company.

So are the unions well-and-truly busted?  I haven't held a NABET card
for 24 years...

> I have a friend who has worked for this company and their
> previously named entities, but he has to change business cards on
> average about every six months, depending on who the parent company
> is.

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue